Monday, March 3, 2014

Zone Conference- Mar. 3, 2014

Hiya!  Man so this week was pretty crazy!  So we had Zone Conferance on Wednesday, but we stayed the night in Hull on Tuesday night because of transportation,  but it was really fun!  I barely knew 1 of the sisters that was there in the flat, so it was fun getting to know some new sisters.  But it was a lot of traveling, like 3 hours and 3 different buses just to get to Hull.  haha so were pretty tired when we got there.  And Zone Conference was amazing as usual.  President Pilkington is the most inspired man I've ever met.  He is seriously great, and I'm so grateful that I got sent here so that I can work with him.  At zone conference, we was talking about finding, and he all of a sudden just stops, thinks for a second and says- 'Where's Sister Staheli, come up to the front.' hahah so I was freaking out a bit, but I went up next to him, and he wanted me to tell everyone about the story we had when a lady just took her scarf off and handed it to me (I think I already told you about it).  haha you know how I don't like talking or being in front of people, but it was alright.  It was so good to see all of my mission friends!  And especially to see how my daugter (Sister B) is doing.  it was great!  Then on thursday and friday we were on exchange with the sister training leaders.  I was with Sister Scott (different from my companion, haha she is from scotland) and it was really fun.  Its just nice to be around other sisters, since we don't see any EVER.  But yeah it was great.  L is doing amazing!!  She is just so acceptive and really so receptive to the spirit.  She has been going through a lot of ridicule and opposition from her friends, and she stands up for the church!  So she was engaged to be married, but the wedding is off now.  Because her future mother in law was like saying all this stuff about the church and how its creepy and stuff, and her fiance didn't even stand up for her.  So L just said that it was the last straw.  She's so amazing.  She's even more determined now to find out for herself if this is true.  Her only problem is she wants to be 100% sure if this is true, before she gets baptized.  Because when she gets baptized, she wants it to be meaningful to her.  She's so great.  Tonight we will be having a family home evening with her and her mom in our branch president's home.  We should have gotten the car this week, but our zone leaders are just getting like super super possessive and they freaked out a little.  So we took it to President, haha and so he'll get it resolved and we WILL get the car next week.  N is doing better, he is still struggling to stop smoking, but he's getting there.  On Saturday, we were at his flat, and he was like 'Sisters I will make a deal with you about the Book of Mormon.  I promise to read it cover to cover if you read these books cover to cover', and he pulls out 2 of these huge Britain books, and it has like pictures of England and info and stuff.  It was really nice of him.  And if it gets him to read the Book of Mormon, then totes def lol we'll do it!  anyways.  that was basically our week.  It was great, and it is officially spring!  Well kinda, its still cold and wet, but the sun is out!!  Have a great week ya'll!!!



                                 Sister Staheli, Sister Scott and The Allens at Zone Conference



                                                          The Sisters at Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment