Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sheffield-- First Area

Sept. 9, 2013

Hello everyone!!!  I miss you all very very much!!!  But things are going great here!!  So I am now in my first area, with my first companion.  So I am in......drum roll please...SHEFFIELD 1 AREA!!!!!!!!  AHHHHHHHHH I almost like started crying when I first heard where I was going.  It is such a blessing to be here serving where my ancestors joined the church.  It is definitely a different kind of city then I am used to, but I love it already.  The feel of the city, is really weird...it doesn't feel like I am in England at all, it actually feels like I am in a city in the middle east or India or something haha..its different.  There is a lot of people from countries that I haven't even heard of, and the city is actually quite dirty and ghetto.  I mean it is a lot of old buildings, but very ghetto like.  But i love it.  And my companion is Sister H. (with the two dots over the O), she is 22 and from Sweden.  She has been out for almost 6 months.  She is great.  Very quiet, and doesn't speak english very good.  I live with Sister B and Sister B, they are the missionaries for the slovak area here in Sheffield.  I actually live in the same flat that Sister Hayley did..haha its pretty funny.  But yeah we actually live in a really nice area, compared to the rest of the city.  Lets see..I met the ward yesterday, and they are AWESOME!! seriously, they are great.  I love them already.  Oh and before I forget, my address is 
109 I Quarter, 10 blonk Street
Sheffield, S3 8BH
England
PLEASE WRITE ME OKAY THANKS.  Oh and did I mention that we are white washing this area?  So that means we have no investigators, no referrals or anything, so we have to start from scratch.  Its really hard.
Okay I will start with my first day here in Sheffield. so we have a car, and we are driving here (and the streets are tiny, and everyone parks on the streets), and so it was really tight and we totally hit a car hahahahah.  We side swiped a car, and it smashed the window off of the door.  She didn't know what to do, and was just going to keep driving, so I finally convinced her that we needed to go back and do something. But when we got back, the car was gone. so oh well I guess haha.  Um, things have been really slow, and all we do is go finding everyday, for 7 hours each day.  We knock on people's doors, and try to talk to them.  My first 2 days, I probably knocked on like 50 houses haha.  I have never had so many people slam the door in my face, swear at me, tell me I'm going to hell, or that God doesn't exist.  Its really sad.  The people here in England have lost their faith in God completely.  It breaks my heart.  But I will change that!!!!!!!!!!!  Everywhere we go, people think we are Jehovah's Witnesses, and they hate them ahah so we have to explain to them that we are LDS.  They food here is pretty weird..i don't like it at all..but oh well!!!  It has been very rainy, and cold lately.  I have used my raincoat everyday since i've been here.  Everyone keeps saying that winter is coming early this year, and that it will be a bad one..so yeah haha....but its great, I seriously love it here.  We did have a lesson with this girl named Liz, and she is great!!!  She is obsessed with cats and stuff.  haha we tried to teach her a lesson, but she just kept saying how she thinks we all have been cats in some previous life, and that cats are holy cause they come from Egypt.  Oh ya and she had like 50 cats, and then she started crying as she was telling us a bout her one cat that got hit by a car. She is great, and we have another lesson with her this friday!:)  Everyone here hates american's, so they don't listen to me that much, but I am getting better at approaching people.  since Sister H. is a sister training leader, I get to go on Exchanges with Sister B. this week and go to the slovak area!!  Which I'm actually super super excited about.  I'm excited to be able to work with someone other than  Sis H.  So my area in sheffield is pretty famous, I think there was a story in the ensign and mormon.org about them.  They are all really solid members  and they really take missionary work serious!  Oh ya, so there is an elder in my district who is from Albania, and he is convinced that someone in my family is from Albania, cause his mothers maiden name is Staheli, so I don't know what to tell him....hahah.  But things are coming along good, I just need to be more successfeul in finding people.  This week we are volunteering at a hospital so we can meet new people.  Even though we have a car, I still walk like 2 or 3 miles a day, so thats nice to get some fresh air.  Anyways, I don't know what else to write, but I 'll see if I can get some pictures sent out as well!!  I love you guys so much, and I think about you everyday!!  Oh ya, one last thing, I have never had as much pride in america as I do now!!  Be grateful, I love america so much now!! I hope you all have a great week!!
Alma 5: 45-46, mosiah 4;9
#staheli'srock :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment