Monday, November 11, 2013

Hello!!!!  Oh my gosh I can't even believe that it is already monday again!  Seriously, I feel like I am losing my mind because these days are just going by so STINKING FAST OH MY GOSH!  FLIPPING HECK- Everybody here uses that phrase, hahahah so I thought that I would give it a try.  But anyways, seriously.  My weeks go like this- p-day, then on tuesday its a meeeting, on wednesday its district meeting, and thursday and friday I am on exchange, then on Saturday Sister H and I do weekly planning, and then its Sunday AGAIN!!!  Seriously it flies by.  But this week was great!!  It was kinda a hectic week, but it was great!!  Oh and before I forget, ATTENTION TO EVERYONE THAT IS READING THIS--I need some good jokes.  All of the little kids here expect me to be funny, and I'm not living up to their expectations...:(  so I need everyone that is reading this to send me a joke that is funny.  Okay good deal.  
-So our investigator John is amazing hahah.  He is hilarious, and he is really progressing.  He brings up baptism every lesson.  But he has had a bad experience at church in the past.  But anyways, he is like a bible hoarder. HAHAHAHA. Seriously.  I mentioned something briefly about trying to find a pocket bible cause its too heavy to carry around my quad, and he like freaked out and got so excited.  So then the next time we came back for a lesson, he had pulled out, no joke like 50 bibles!! And there was still 2 whole boxes of bibles that he just didn't pull out!  So all of these bibles range anywhere from 250-50 years old.  They are all super super old, and like original copies.  It was really really cool.  I guess everytime he passed a bible, he would take it. ha.  And so he gave me like 20 bibles seriously.  He gave me a good pocket size bible, to carry around, some to give out to people who I teach, some really really old bibles to take home, and then he gave me a really special bible to him. It is called a Rainbow bible, and is made in 1850, and it is in stellar condition, and he said it was his favorite bible, but he wants me to have it.  So now, I love the bible haha.
-Karen is in the hospital.  She has been there for about a week, and she should be getting released in a few days.  She has a lot of health problems, but her liver was like failing or somethigg, and its due to her smoking and drinking.  So this is great news for us, -MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED-cause now the doctors have told her that if she continues drinking and smoking then she will like die or something, I don't know what they told her, but it was something like that.  But yeah its great news for us.  Cause she was already trying to stop, but she was having a hard time.  Now she HAS to stop.  And everytime we have gone to visit her in the hospital, she doesn't feel the need to smoke, which is a big deal for someone who has been smoking for 35 years.  But yeah she is great, and she is so excited for church and for her baptism.  Because of transfers, we have to have her baptism on the 30th on november..but I'm super excited!!  And she called us one day, and asked if we could get someone and come and give her a blessing.  She is amazing, and I love her so much!!
-So the weather this week has been super weird, it almost reminds me of utah weather:)  It will be like sunny, and then it will start hailing, then it will get pitch black dark, and then it will be warm, and m then it will freezing/raining/windy.  I don't really understand, but everyone keeps warning me about this supposed horrible winter that will be the worst winter in 100 years, HA  I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT.   :)
-Sophie, Maria, and Suzanne are doing good.  They tell us every time we see them that they will come to church and that they want to get baptized, but yet they never come.  We have plans for them, and hopefully they will come to church this week.  But I still love them so much.
-Meha and Anand came to church!!!!  They are the super cute hindu couple from India.  They came to church, and they were super intrigued by it.  THey left after the second hour because they had a busy day, but they really enjoyed Gospel Principles class.  I love them.
-And get ready for this one....:)  To all of my sisters, and mother:  Be prepared to be extremely jealous. I am going to Chatsworth in about an hour, and I'm so excited!!  ITs that home from Pride and Prejudice with the beautiful gardens and statues and all.  I am going with Sister Wilson, she's been like begging us to hang out with her ha jk.  But ya it should be pretty fun.  
-But besides that, we have just been doing a lot of service this week for the ward, and stuff.  I am getting really good at painting.  Oh and somehow the ward found out that I can conduct music-THANKS A LOT MOM-  and so they have been making me conduct the music in Sacrament meeting the past few weeks.  its been interesting. 
-Anywasy, I love you all so much, and I think/pray for you all daily.  But I love my mission and my Savior Jesus Christ.  He has given me everything for the past 19 years, and I'm going to give everything to him for the next 15 months.  This church is true, and we need to all step up and live the gospel.  D&c 19:15-19.  I love you all!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment