Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Well hello there family!!  I hope everyone out there in the states will have a great thanksgiving!!!!!  So this week has been an interesting week to say the least!!  Well first to start off, it was transfer calls last night, and wait for it wait for it.........I GET TO STAY IN SHEFFIELD WITH SISTER H FOR ANOTHER TRANSFER!!  Yeah I'm super stoked about it!!  We have some good investigators, and it would be really great to see them get baptized together.  So that is what is going to happen this next transfer.  That and well Christmas.  :) :) :) So anyways, ya.  Since I will be staying in Sheffield, I will continue to be on the look out for any long lost relatives, don;'t you worry!!  
-So last week we met this guy on the street, his name is Abel.  yes, like Cain and Abel.  Anyways, he told us that he didn't go to church, and that he did believe in Jesus, and he would like to come to church.  So we were super stoked, right?  Okay well this week, we had a lesson with him, and we brought our new ward mission leader with us, and it was interesting. hahahahahahah.  Okay so when we got there, we see all of these crosses hung up and all of these pictures, and he ends up being a METHODIST MINISTER.  he tricked us cause he just wanted to bible bash with us.  Anyways, we took care of it. :)
-It was Zone Conference this past wednesday and it was AMAZING.  I loved it so much!  President and Sister Pilkington are so amazing, and so inspired!  Because we had to travel quite a long time on the coach bus, and we had to be there pretty early, the Chesterfield sisters came and stayed at our flat.  So it was really fun to be able to hang out with Sister B again!
-So a while back, when I was on an exchange with Sister B, she told one of the members of my ward that I was a good volleyball player, and she told them to look me up. So now I am doing like a ton of volleyball things for the youth.  Not only the youth of my ward, but also for the whole stake.  We are starting tonight, with Sheffield 1, so I'll let you know how that goes.
-On Sunday morning at about 8:45, we got a call from the bishopric asking me to give the 20 minute talk in sacrament meeting that day.  hahaha oh the joys of missionary work.  Good thing I can basically bare my testimony for like 10 minutes, and read from Preach my Gospel for the rest. HOLLA.
-We got a new ward mission leader, and he is doing work.  Seriously, he is whipping the ward members into shape.  He has a lot of great ideas, and I'm really excited to see them take action this transfer.  
-So just so you know, before I forget, MOM AND DAD: there will most likely be a woman from my ward emailing you about a favor.  She has a daughter in the MTC.  But ya, just a heads up, she will probably be emailing you.
-So our investigators:  M and A are doing so good!!  They honestly will make such good members one day.  It is a little difficult, because their English isn't the best, so there are some slight confusion, and because their religious background (hindu) is completely different to the message that we share.  But they have a lot of questions, and they are interested, AND the ward LOVES them.  K:  We have had a hard time seeing her this week, but hopefully we will be able to help her progress this week.  J-:  He is doing great.  hahah .He has loads of his own ideas and stuff, but he is coming along.  He definitely makes me work hard.  M-:  She showed up at church, and she is so great!!  There are a few things that we need to help her work through, like smoking, and she will have to get her own place to live, but she is doing so good. 
-I will be celebrating Thanksgiving this Saturday at Brother and Sister Wilson's house, so that will be great. 
-Now here is my thanksgiving speech:) :) :)  I am so thankful for such an amazing family that supports me so greatly.  From the other side of the world, I can feel your love and your support.  Thank you so much.  I am so thankful for such amazing parents who have sacrificed so much to give me a great life.  There are so many people in this world who are struggling and who need love in their life, and I'm just so grateful to have been raised so great.  And last, but not least, I'm so eternally grateful to my Savior Jesus Christ and My Heavenly Father.  The sacrifice that my Heavenly Father gave of freely giving this wicked world, his only begotten son, was amazing.  The sacrifice of my Savior, to give of his life, in the most painful and horrible way ever, was amazing.  I am so grateful for the chance that I have been given.  To bring others unto the same joy that I have.  Because of those great sacrifices, everything is made possible.  I love this church, and I'm so grateful to be a missionary.  I love you all!!!  Have a great thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment