Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Jan. 13. 2014

Hiya!!  Oh my goodness this week has been a great one!!  So I am now with Sister Scott in Louth, and it is so great!  Sister Scott is so fun!!  I love her so much!  We are just so alike, and we just click.  We have the same taste in music and in our humor, So we have a lot of fun together!!  So on Wednesday it was Transfers, so I got to go to Leeds so that Sister Sewell could go to her new area, and it was so nice to be able to see all of the other sisters!  I was able to see Sister Edgington and Sister Hooker, which was really fun, cause I haven't seen them in a few months.  And ya it was just nice, especially since Louth is so far away from anything, that the only time that Sister Scott and I will see more sisters will be at Zone conference. haha.  But it has been great!  So the big news for the week.................Drum roll please.......So on Friday, President called me and told me that he wanted me to start working on my Drivers license!!  Which is a rare thing.  Well, usually missionaries drive, but they drive under their USA license which allows them to drive for 1 year, but he wants me to take the test and everything so that it will be an actual license.  The only other Sister from the states to have gotten her driving license was Sister Burningham who just went home.  And well the weird thing is that I can't even get my license till I have been in England for 6 months.  So I still have some time, but I'm supposed to start studying for this huge driving test and stuff.  They sent me all of the paper work and stuff to fill out.  Its stressing me out a bit because the AP's said that Louth isn't getting a car, so that means that President already knows whats going to happen with me in the next few months.  I don't know haha its driving me nuts, but I'm super super super super super excited to drive!!!  I can't wait!!!!!!!!!  But since I have to get my license, it will cost about 100 dollars, so I'm sorry parents.....:)  But yeah that was exciting!!  The weather here has been so weird.  Really really weird. (People here LOVE to say the word weird and awkward hahahaha its funny).  Like sometimes its like a huge storm with rain and wind and rain and wind and flooding and stuff, and other times its pretty warm.  Its like extremes.  Its right weird.  But everyone is freaking out about the flooding, cause its the worst flooding for like 50 years.  Louth needs so much help!  The members here are great, but there aren't that many of them, and like half of them are elderly and the other half are less active.  So we definitely have a lot of work to do here.  President even told me that he sent me here to clean up the branch.  So yeah its been a bit stressful, cause everyone is expecting us to get the work moving here.  But its great.  WE are trying our hardest!!!  But its a blast!!!  M and M, 2 of our new investigators are so solid, they have already read through 2 nephi and it has only been like a week.  So thats exciting.  And well P, is just amazing.  He is so prepared its crazy.  Anyways, the work here is going great.
Lately I have been studying Enduring to the End, and it has really made me think.  I hate that term so much.  We are not put on this earth to just endure whatever lies ahead.  We are here to make the most out of every situation, and to be happy!  To ENJOY ourselves!!  Thats what our Heavenly Father wants for us!  So I've decided to change that phrase from Enduring to the End, to ENJOYING to the End.  And thats what life is all about. :)
I love you all!! have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment