Monday, December 23, 2013

Ho ho ho hoho.  Hiya love!  I think the Yorkshire accent is rubbing off on me, or at least I hope that it is!  haha.  Okay so this week has been a crazy one as usual, and it has been so much fun!  All of the weeks kind of blurr together, so I'm not exactly 100 % confident that I can remember everything that happened this week alone, but I am having a really great time!!  We have been so busy lately. 
-I am still in the trio, with Sister Hedstrom and Sister Boldbaatar, and things are going great.  We are basically like an international companionship.  We are all very different, but we have the same goal and we are finding a way to work together and have fun while doing it!!
-I have been having nightmares lately, because transfers are coming up and I kind of think that its going to be me leaving, but I don't want to leave!!   I LOVE SHEFFIELD, and I want to stay here my whole mission!!  Seriously, I never want to leave.  I love the people here, plus this is my home. 
-Last monday we had our Zone Christmas party and that was a blast!!!  And then on thursday we had our mission Christmas party, well at least with everyone from the southern part of the mission.  Which was a blast, cause I got to see some high school friends.  And it has been such a fun week cause I have been able to hang out with Sister B a bunch.  She's great, and we have both started praying that at some point we will be companions. 
-The ward is so amazing, I love them so much!!  They have spoiled us so much this past week!  They have given  us so much presents, but most of them are like nice chocolate stuff.  So instead of eating them all, we are re-gifting them hahahah.  It is a win-win situation.
-Oh yes, this is a question for you mom and dad- Do you by chance have a picture at my baptism??  If you have it, then I would really love it!!!  Also, if dad has any baptism pictures from his mission, then I would love those as well. 
-NICOLA:  Nicola is doing so great and she has progressed so much!!  Honestly.  I can literally see the physical change that this gospel has made in her.  And that is what this gospel does to people, it changes them.  For the better.  But she has given up smoking, and her nicotine spray, and she came to church yesterday and she is so excited for her baptism.  haha.  She even went out and bought a new skirt to wear to church.  She already asked Brother Allen to baptize her.  The date for her baptism is still up in the air, because she may or may not be giong to Spain at the end of this week.  But if she doesn't go to Spain (WHICH IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR) then she can get baptized next Saturday.  Which would really be great, cause then Sister H can I could have a baptism together before transfers.  But she is so cute, and she reads so much from the Book of mormon, and she understands it which is a big deal.
-We met this man named David and he is from Ireland.  He met with missionaries, (only 2 times) about 2 years ago, but then they just stopped coming.  When we met with him, he told us that his son, who is 13 and lives down in London, is a member, and is gathering some family history so he can take it to the temple.  He is so great.  We have only met with him twice, but I have a really good feeling about him.  Plus the way that God works in other peoples lives is so amazing.  It blows my mind.
-We were finally able to meet with M and A again after them being away for a while, and it was great.  They really benefitted from hearing Sister B conversion story, as her background isn't a Christian one either.  They told us that they believe in Jesus Christ and accept him as their Savior and the Son of God, but they face heavy family opposition.  So that's a bummer.  Please pray for them.
-I have to say that I am becoming a really good english teacher!!  I have 3 students whose english has improved so much already:Sister H- her english is so good now, Sister B work in progress, but getting a lot better, and Sister G-I have been helping her with her grammar, and it is tons better.  haha I think my english is getting worse though.
As it is coming up towards Christmas, I have had the opportunity to really think about the birth of our Savior quite more frequently.  And it has been so amazing.  I love to read the stories in the scriptures about Jesus Christ, and about the miracles he performed.  I have been trying to really imagine Jesus Christ as my personal savior and older brother, rather than just a story that I preach to people on the street.  The story of his birth is so amazing, and it has built my testimony so much.  Without Christ we are nothing, and we couldn't accomplish anything.  He is everything to me, and to all of us.  I love in Luke 2 where it tells the story of his birth.  My favorite part is in verse15 and 16. 
15 :And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepards said one to another, let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us./
16: And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
The sheperds made their journey's with haste to bedside of the baby Jesus.  And that is perhaps one of the best models for me in my life.  We all need to hasten our journey to the side of Jesus Christ.  We need to be there to be his followers and his supporters.  Christmas time is the best time of the year, we all need to have more of the CHRISTmas spirit.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and I am going to hasten my journey and help hasten other peoples journey as well.  I am so grateful to be a missionary,and to be helping out in this great cause.  I love you all and I hope that you have a very happy Christmas (its how they say it in Harry potter)
-Sister Staheli

No comments:

Post a Comment