Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I've been Emergency Transferred!!!

Well hello my dear family!!  Oh my goodness it was so amazing to see your faces, it seems like it was forever since I've seen you and it was so nice to see you and talk to you guys!!  So it has been a weird/crazy/unexpected week.  So it was Christmas eve, Christmas, and then boxing day, so were hardly able to work this past week.  And then as you guys already know due to Sister Allen emailing you, on Saturday President called me and explained to me that a sister had to go to get surgery and he needed me to go to Louth.   And he needed me there the next day.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh.  So that was a complete shock.  I may or may not have shed a tear or two when I realized that I'd have to leave Sheffield. But I packed my things and we cleared our day so that we could go say goodbye to people and members.  Luckily I was able to go to sacrament meeting yesterday so that I could say goodbye to all of the members.  There were a few that were on holiday, so I couldn't say goodbye, but I have faith that I will serve there again:)  The bishopric asked me to share my testimony about the things that I have learned so far on my mission, and as I was bearing my testimony, there were a few people that were crying, and that made me even more sad.  Haha not to mention that Sister Allen would cry every time I was around her.  It was hard to leave Sheffield cause of all the close friendships I have made with the members, other missionaries (sister beesley, sister and elder allen, my companions), and people I teach but I'm SO EXCITED TO BE SERVING HERE IN LOUTH.  Louth is the most southern part of the mission, and it is right along the coast.  So its pretty cold and windy here. haha.  And other missionaries call Louth the outer darkness, because its so far away from anywhere else.  Its like 1 hour and 45 minutes away from Sheffield, and like 2 and a half from Leeds ha.  And it is a branch instead of a ward, and there are about 50 members, and like half of them are elderly??  So I have a lot of work that I have to do!!  Um, my new companions name is Sister Sewell.  She came out the same time as Sister Beesley, so since April?  And she is from Texas, and she is 26 years old.  She is great.  From what I have heard so far, the public transport system here is a joke.  There are 3 buses that run, and they travel to about 3 of the 25 villages that are  in our area.  So it makes it really hard to travel to those areas.  From what I understand, those areas have never been worked ever.  But there is no way to get there.  OH ya I almost forgot.  So  since the buses are really inefficient we have to walk most places, but we have.......BIKES.  They bought them from an auction or something, so we will be riding those as often as we can with the rain/wind/snow. ha.  But its kinda fun to change it up.  When President called me, he said he didn't know what would happen to me at transfers, which are next week (so p-day will be on tuesday), so I'm interested to see what will happen if I will stay or if I'll go somewhere new all together, which is kinda what it sounded like on the phone.  But I don't know.  But Sister Sewell has been here her whole mission.  But yeah, Louth is gorgeous, it is what everyone pictures when they think of England, just with 50 more pubs haha.  But it is super old buildings and cobble stone and its so cute.  I'm excited to get to work!
Nicola will be getting baptized this Friday, so I'm so excited for her!!  And Meha and Anand are so close to baptism, so I'm so happy for them!! 
KIM MARIE BISHOP- I hope you had a fantastic birthday on the 20th, and I hope that you got lots of presents.....coughandycough.....
Anyways, I love you all so much, and I'm so grateful that I was able to see you guys.  I have the best family ever!! Oh and for now, just send all letters and things to the mission office, cause I don't know what will be happening!! I love you all and have a great week!!

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment