Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April 14, 2014

Hey there fam!!!
  I hope you all had a great week in Atlanta, I was thinking of you guys often, especially when it was raining, knowing you guys were in some nicer weather:)  So good news and bad news from the week.  I will start with the good news!  So our investigator S, is getting baptized!!  She is going to be getting baptized on May 9th, but I think we will move it up a week, if we can, so that it can be this transfer.  She is so great.  At first when we started meeting with her she was asking us all of these really weird and strange questions that were half true about really weird/sacred/principles, and then we found out that she had rented a book from the library called 'Introduction to Mormonism'.  It was written by a non member, so there was a lot of false information in there, but it actually turned out to be a good thing.  Cause now she is reading the Book of Mormon, she's almost done with 1 nephi, and she's not weirded out.  She is so great!  She is like late 50's early 60's.  And it all started because she was walking her daughters dogs that looked exactly like Chryssy.  hahaha.  She is so funny, I love her!  We will just be working on the Word of Wisdom with her.  For everyone back home....NEVER START SMOKING.  It is the worst habit to kick, and I hate it.  So many people here are addicted to smoking, and it just destroys your body.  Most nights Sister Scott and I just come home and we just carry the stench of smoke with us.  You'd think that we are chain smokers, BUT WE AREN'T.  But seriously, its the worst.  But she's great, and I have no doubt in my mind that she can stop.  She wanted to get baptized on April 26th, but both Sister Scott and I thought that it would be a little too soon, and we want her to be ready.  So I have no doubt that she will reach her date.  
So for the bad news.  So I have been sick for the past little while...like the past few weeks, and just this week we found out that Sister Scott and I have STREP THROAT.  We both have been sick for a while, and Sister Scott is on Anti-biotics, but I thought that I was getting better so I didn't get any.  But don't worry, I'm going to get some today.  So we had to stay in for a few days this week, so that we could rest.  It has hit Sister Scott harder than me, so she hasn't been able to get out of bed for a few days.  But hopefully we will be better and stay better.  But this week the Sister Training Leaders came on exchange.  I was with Sister Wynder, and Sister Scott was with Sister Scott.  They stayed in and rested, and Sister Wynder and I worked.  It was so good to see other sisters.  Since we never are able to.  But yeah, it was definitely fun to have them here.  Also, I booked a day to take my theory test for my license.  You have to book it a while in advance, so I am taking it on May 15th, its a week after transfers, so just in case.  But that is why there will be a charge on my card, I had to book it online with my card.  But that's about it for the week.  It was a good one!!  It truly flew by.  I can't believe how fast time is flying!  Oh and shout out to my girl Kim Dahl on getting her mission call!  That's so exciting!!  I'm so proud of ya!!!!  Philippines is getting the best missionary!!  I hope you all have a great easter!!  Try and remember Jesus Christ a little bit more this week, and serve him a little bit BETTER.  We all need to strive to fulfill our purpose on our own individual road to True Discipleship.  Have a good week!
Sister Staheli

No comments:

Post a Comment